Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:57:26 +0200
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lucent Wavelan vs. wi-driver

Hi Darryl, Warner and still interested readers, ...

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 01:23:04AM +0200, Andreas Braukmann wrote:

> > >  The pccardd recognizes the wavelan card and binds it (as expected)
> > >  to the the wi driver.
> >      [ ... ]
> > >  Bringing up the interface with ifconfig results in
> > >  "wi0: tx buffer allocation failed" messages.

... the problem is *solved*.
Warner,. ... I stand corrected.  It seems, that it was
an interrupt problem in fact.
I'm avoiding the word 'conflict' intentionelly. Why?
My 3COM 374TX 100baseT runs fine on IRQ 5.
My Farralon 10baseT card runs fine on IRQ 5.
Both are doing fine on IRQ 5 under Windows, too.
No other device probes on IRQ 5.

Despite of this, many many thanks for the crucial hint
on the interrupts.

Thanks,
    Andreas

--