Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 13:28:05 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Phil Richmond" <richp@oznet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Packages and CD rom

On Wed, 01 Dec 1999 19:10:02 +1000, "Phil Richmond" wrote:

> Once FreeBSD is installed I used the "mount /cdrom" but it says
> something about cd9660.

So tell us what it says. :-)

> I am using 3.3 release.

let me guess, you have a Creative Labs "IDE" (ATAPI) CD-ROM drive with
which you can boot the CDROM for the install?  If so, you're not the first
person to complain that such a CD-ROM drive only works for the
installation and not thereafter.

However, before we jump to conclusions, it'd be nice if you gave us some
more information.  Specifically, the exact error message you get when
you try to mount your cdrom, and the output of the dmesg(1) command.

Ciao,
Sheldon.