Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:10:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux binary looking for eth0

I have a Linux binary that I am trying to evaluate on a FreeBSD system,
using linux_base-7.  The program is looking for eth0, which of course
does not exist.  Here is the output I get when I try to run it:

ifconfig: interface eth0 does not exist
ifconfig: interface eth0 does not exist
STOP 20 statement executed

The program is calling ifconfig.  Is there any way I can work around
this?  Should I install the linux networking rpm(s)?

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson
USDA, ARS, SRRC			 Phone: (504) 286-4252