Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 1996 23:53:12 -0800
From:      "Daniel Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
Subject:   questions

Hi,
I have some questions :

1. My modem speed is 14400 bps. someone said that because I was probably
using hardware compression I should set the port speed higher. for the user
ppp program how high should I set the port speed? How do I enable hardware
compression?

2. when I ftp sometimes the connection is brocken or something else makes
me terminate the connection, is there any way I can start receving  a file
where I left off instead of at the start?

Thanks for the help!
Daniel Keller
dkeller@psln.com