Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:28:44 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        veldy@veldy.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.3 RELEASE?

> I plan on doing 4.3-RELEASE sometime around 23:00 PDT, 21 April 2001.

Whoops, I'm sorry, that was a most unfortunate typo.  That should have
read "20 April 2001", that being tonite, that being on schedule.

Some people have expressed concern that 4.3-RC5 didn't get enough
testing, but given the relatively low-impact changes that occurred
between 4.3-RC4 and 4.3-RC5, coupled with the degree of testing which
went into those changes, I don't think we're actually risking anything
by going out on time.

I would have pushed the release date back for the ports collection
(e.g. samba) if necessary, but that got resolved and properly bundled
in time.  Now we're just waiting for lightning internet to come back
up, but that doesn't mean I can't start the tagging and release
process now.  That's a 12 hour process no matter what.

- Jordan