Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 12:28:20 -0500
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        Chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Props out to FreeBSD!  Toss it up, baby!

I just installed a 2.2.5 system last night, and I have to say that
everything from the installation to rebuilding the kernel was butter
smooth.  It's been a while since I've installed a FreeBSD system, but the
Core Team must've been smoking Virginia Slims because they've come a long
way, baby!

I was feeling like my 133 MHz Pentium was on it's last leg every time
Windows NT choked the life out of it and made it crawl to service.  Of all
the OSes I run, FreeBSD performance is running rings around everything else
on the block!  And I have to thank XSuSE for their cutting-edge X drivers
which have given me back my X display.  Hooray!  I'll be raising the roof
on this one for a while, but I just had to give a shout to say good work to
everybody even remotely involved in this Project.

Well, that's all for the congratulations.  Tomorrow I go back to my
campaign to convince Jordan that all the games should be be installed with
the basic kernel system. :-)

K.S.

PS -- Is there any effort underway to get XSuSE's drivers officially
supported on FreeBSD, or will that happen when they're officially brought
into XFree86?  The ones I've used so far are really good.