Date:      Tue, 1 May 2001 12:30:08 -0700
From:      "Michael O'Henly" <michael@tenzo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        DAC <usmc1@dslextreme.com>
Subject:   Re: Not sure where I am?

Congratulations! As it says on the subway map, "You are
here"!

Your system has booted and that "$" is the command prompt. If you wait about
thirty-seven years, your power supply will burn out and your computer will
stop operating. Alternatively, you can't type stuff at the command prompt and
join the fun. :-)

M.

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 13:21, DAC wrote:
> I installed everything and on my first boot I come to this message(after
> logging on) : Welcome to FreeBSD!
> Before seeking technical help,please use the following resources:
> *Security advisories, etc,etc
> *the handbook and faq docs,etc.,etc.
> If you still have a question or problem please take , etc.,etc,etc
>
> At the bottom is this cursor:
> $
> MY question is where am I at in the boot process and how do I move on? Is
> there a problem or is everything fine at this point and all I need is the
> proper commands to move on ? Thanks in advance!
> Don

Michael O'Henly
TENZO Design