Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2000 08:13:25 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rapidnet.com>
To:        "G.B.Naidu" <gbnaidu@sasi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: divert rule in ipfw...

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, G.B.Naidu wrote:

> This will divert all packets to natd. But I would like to divert all
> packets except the packets generated from the machine say 10.0.16.63 where
> the natd is running. For this I tried to use some thing like this:
>
> ipfw add divert natd not 10.0.16.63 to not 10.0.16.63 via de0
>
> Still looks like it diverts all the packets. Can some body let me know
> how do I avoid divreting packets generated from the machine where the natd
> is running.

	Add a rule before the natd rule to allow
	traffic from this machine (10.0.16.63) to any.  Example:

	ipfw add 50 allow ip from 10.0.16.63 to any
	ipfw add 51 allow ip from any to 10.0.16.63
	ipfw add 100 divert natd ip from any to any via de0

	That is how I've always done it.  However, the rule you are using
	should work...

Nick Rogness
- Drive defensively.  Buy a tank.