Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 1996 21:59:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Tyler <jeff@jthome.com>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Looking for a good motherboard vendor

Just like honest insurance salesman, right ? :-)

	Here's what I'm looking for, a P100 motherboard (with CPU)
preferably with on board serial (16550A) and parallel I/O.  Needs
to be able to host the following ISA cards: an Adaptec 1542/CF ,
a 3com 16 bit Ethernet board and a generic VGA board.   Needs to
be able to run FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE.  Reliability is important,
this machine runs 24x7.  IDE disk support is not required.  I'm
looking for recommendations for both the board and a vendor. I'd
prefer a local Boston vendor but am willing to take a chance on
mailorder if someone can recommend a good one from recent personal
experience.  I've just had a * real bad * experience with a vendor
who shipped the wrong chip in a 486 board (a DX3 vice a DX4), the
board was flaky, waited for over a month for the replacement that
never came, etc...  And of course they charged my credit card for
an upgrade and never shipped.  An 800 number and customer service
accessible via email would be lovely (well, I can dream can't I ? :-).

Rod Grimes, are you out there ?  Do you deal in just boards and chips as
well as finished boxen ?  If so, email me.
|Jeff S. Tyler                             Pencom System Administration|
|PSA all the way !                       [At Digital] 508-486-5369     |
|jeff@jthome.com                    [Home phone/fax] 508-440-8624/8625 |
|jtyler@pencom.com                  [Pager] 1-800-759-8888 249-5568    |
| Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car  |
| keys to teenage boys.  -- P.J. O'Rourke                              |