Date:      Tue, 24 May 2011 20:29:52 +0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Dalibor Gudzic <dalibor.gudzic@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/140796: [ath] [panic] Cannot attach (unable to attach hardware; HAL status 3) under 8, panic in 7.x

On 24 May 2011 20:20, Dalibor Gudzic <dalibor.gudzic@gmail.com> wrote:

> =A0Yes, card still does NOT work in FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE. I don't get
> =A0panic any more though. I don't know if I should send a new dmesg to
> =A0this PR, or rather do for PR/116444 which is PR I've submitted before,
> =A0and it considers this ath card. This PR was concerning a panic that
> =A0prevented system from booting. Now system boots, so I think this PR
> =A0could be closed, and I should submit a follow-up dmesg on kern/116444.
>
> =A0I have dmesg ready, so please tell me which PR should I follow-up?

Have you tried freebsd-current? I've done quite a bit of work with the
ath driver in FreeBSD-current.

Please make sure you're compiling with:

options         ATH_DEBUG
options         ATH_DIAGAPI
options         AH_DEBUG
device          ath_hal
option          AH_SUPPORT_AR5416

and see if that works. If not, reboot with the sysctl
hw.ath.hal.debug=3D0xffffffff set in /boot/loader.conf appropriately, so
I can hopefully get some debugging as to why the hardware isn't waking
up as expected.

Thanks,

Adrian