Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:03:28 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        mdevries@haveityourway.nl
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lotus Domino on BSD?

In the last episode (Apr 02), mdevries@haveityourway.nl said:
> Just a straight question, are there people out there running Lotus
> Domino on (FreeBSD) servers? Because I tried everything that I could
> find on google.com to get Domino running without kernel panic stress.

Do you mean the FreeBSD kernel is panicing?  What version of FreeBSD,
and what is the panic message?

You might want to read the Notes Gold forum at www.notes.net; lots of
hits on "FreeBSD".

> Is the LINUX_COMPAT stable and smart enough to let Domino run? Or is
> it still in a development stage, at the moment I'm running Domino on
> Linux 2.4 kernel (Red Hat 7.2) If Domino runs on FreeBSD will the
> performance be just like linux? and is it stable enough?

LINUX_COMPAT should be stable; it's good enough to run Linux Mozilla
and Oracle, so Domino should work fine too.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com