Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 21:09:01 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD trademark.

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Geeze, the XFree86 Project, Inc. did the same thing and I didn't hear
> any complaints from you at the time! :-)
>
> > Anyway, some kind  of non-profit organisation - which does not exclude that
> > there are employees and treasurer and some worldwide funding being done -
>
> All of this is still perfectly possible with an incorporated body.  I think
> you are reading too much into "Inc".

I think Chris is simply misreading this.  The German law is much
different in this field, you'll actually not even be able to form a
non-profit Inc. here.  (That's a big danger for the leaders of a
German `Verein', and i guess only a few people do actually know this.)

I think, if it's done in a way similar to XFree86, Inc., this will
be a nice thing.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/