Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 97 21:34:36 -0700
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pacbell.net>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Which Laptop do you recommend?

I'm looking to purchase a laptop for my main system at the office and I'm
wondering what the people who have experience with FreeBSD on laptops
think I should get.

What I need:

166-200 Pentium (mmx does not matter to me.)
64Megs RAM
800x600 Active Mat. Display
2m video RAM
2-3 gig HD
Floppy & CD-ROM (both do not have to be in at the same time but it helps.)
     I don't want a computer that has an external floppy.
PCMCIA Nic
PCMCIA Modem
I would really like to get a system that has a ZIP disk that will replace
the floppy, but I don't know if FreeBSD supports that type of ZIP drive.
Track ball (yah, I know, but I like them) or touch pad.  No eraser.

What am I going to be doing with it?  Development, systems admin, x, and
running Executor by Ardi so I can run a few Mac apps.

Worst of all I need to keep it under $4000.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

-Sean

Sean J. Schluntz                                    schluntz@pinpt.com
Systems Engineer                                   (408) 997-6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                     http://www.pinpt.com