Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 13:10:40 +0200
From:      Cor Bosman <cor@xs4all.net>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        Cor Bosman <cor@xs4all.nl>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup problem

> Cor Bosman wrote:
>
> > Hi all, im trying to get the refuse file to work using cvsup. But
> > no matter what I try, its not working as I think it should.
> >
> > Base is /usr. Im editting the file /usr/sup/refuse. I see cvsup is
> > actually reading that file.
> >
> > I put "src/sys/pci/pci.c" in that file (I want to exclude that file from
> > updates).
> >
> > Ive tried every permutation of that entry that I could think of, to no avail.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? How can I exclude /usr/src/sys/pci/pci.c from a cvsup
> > update?
>

> Your refuse file should go in /usr/sup/src-all. I don't have any idea

Tried that already, didnt make a difference. And I traced cvsup and
it does open /usr/sup/refuse (and also /usr/sup/src-all/refuse).

> how to prevent retrieving pci.c. If I were going to protect a module,
> I would create a diff of my mods with respect to the orginal and then
> re-patch after running cvsup.

Well, im following RELENG_4_5, so im expecting very little changes in pci.c.
Im doing a cvsup every night from cron. Unfortunately the cvsup is
checking out my modified pci.c (it contains a patch from -stable that I
need). I figure just refusing pci.c to be checked out should fix that
problem.

It just doesnt seem to work as advertised.

Cor