Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:09:05 +0100
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: codeweavers crossover office

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 06:48:22 -0500
Dan Pelleg <daniel+bsd@pelleg.org> wrote:

> dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st> writes:
>
> > Does anybody run Codeweavers crossover Office on FreeBSD?
> > I know it rusnb very well on linux and would like to run it on fbsd
> > too(if at all possible). If it is possible, can someone explain to
> > me how to install the package on my fbsd-4.9R?
> >

> You can try and just run it under linux emulation. The URL below has
> notes from several people who ran complicated linux packages, together
> with tips and tricks. Also, I seem to remember this particular package
> being discussed in the past in one of the mailing lists.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu.html

Thanks for your info. I tried the installation and all went very well.
At least so it seemed..
Running the officesetup I got errors like "ELF binary type "0" not
known" I started the program under a /compat/linux/sh shell and still
got this message. I branded the binaries.. no luck. I started them
normally (under fbsd) and nothing happened at all. So, I guess the
package won't run under fbsd.

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.9 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)