Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:53:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Reid <sreid@alpha.sea-to-sky.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Netscape and RealPlayer plugin

I've seen several people post about having the Linux RealPlayer v5.0
plugin working. My question is, How?

I've followed the instructions that came with RealPlayer and I have it
it working stand-alone, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get
Netscape to use the plugin. In the "Netscape: Application" dialog box
the selector for plugins is dimmed.

I have the FreeBSD raplayer v3.0 working by specifying "raplayer %s" as
the application. Unfortunately, the newer rvplayer doesn't seem to
accept command line options. :(

FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE
Netscape 4.06 (FreeBSD version + Fortify, installed via ports)
RealPlayer 5.0 (Linux version)