Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 05:00:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Weird CPU useage

I am running 3.0 -current, 2 day old code, on a dual PP200 with 128meg
Ram. The system is NOT overclocked. (This is inmportant)

The problem is this, when I run rc5 clients and do a top, I see them
both running at >120% cpu useage each...that is too weird. I run two
sessions of the client, on for each cpu.   Now, just to test this, I wrote
a small infinite loop progra (a cpu sucker) just to see how much CPU
useage was done, again, a top produced the same thing >120% per cpu.

Now this would be all fine and dandy, (faster is better right?), except
for ythe heat produced. This weird situation produces a nice ammount of
heat. I have a fan in front, one in the back of the case, and each cpu has
a fan and heat sink on it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bill