Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 1996 09:10:38 -0400
From:      gwh@spiders.com (Gene W Homicki)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone using CUSeeme with FreeBSD?

 +---
 | I'd love to see what all the hoopla is about, but I can't figure out
 +---

	There really isn't any "hoopla" as far as I know, not when
you've already used the MBONE.  Point-to-point connections with
reflectors are pretty wasteful of bandwidth, but CuSeeMe doesn't
support mcast, so.... (if I'm wrong about that, let me know).

The best thing to use the reflector for is to allow CuSeeMe clients to
access the MBONE.

 +---
 | how to use nv or vic with CUSeeme, even though I'd heard that nv
 | supported it and it's listed as one of the encoding options.  All I
 | have is a collection of IP addresses for various reflectors, no port
 | numbers or anything else special.
 +---

	The reflector has to be setup to support nv.  I believe its a
compile time, or at least configuration option, and its not a default.

 +---
 | BTW, anyone planning to upgrade nv to tcl7.5?  I notice that our version
 | in ports no longer compiles.
 +---

	Ron Frederick (frederick@parc.xerox.com), the author of nv,
started the port a long while ago, but never completeed it. He's
currently in the middle of other things so I don't think he'll be
completing the port anytime soon.  Someone could probably email him to
get the sources for his partial upgrade and finish it.

					--Gene

--
Gene W. Homicki                               gwh@spiders.com
Objective Consulting, Inc.                    http://www.spiders.com/