Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 1999 20:51:55 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Of interest (I think): Fear and Flooding in Las Vegas

My September "Mean Streets" column, from BoardWatch Magazine, has just
appeared online. It contains a collection philosophical musings catalyzed
by Def Con 7, the underground hacker party at which Back Orifice 2000
(among other things) was announced. The version that's posted on the Web
has a few cosmetic flaws -- in particular, spelling and continuity errors
which appear to have  been introduced during the magazine's copy editing
process. (I NEVER would have written "illusive" instead of "elusive," for
example.) Nonetheless, the column raises some issues concerning "hacker
ethics" which I believe merit further discussion. See

http://boardwatch.internet.com/mag/99/sep/bwm62.html

--Brett Glass