Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:35:17 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions ML <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   xauth trusted vs ssh -X -Y

Hi list :)

is either of

1) having a host added to .Xauthority as trusted, and then doing "ssh -X usr@host cmd"

2) ssh -X -Y user@host cmd

inherintly less secure than the other? (or more prone to becoming an attack vector to MY local computer?

thanks!

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.
 Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.
 By all means, do not use hammer."
   IBM maintenance manual, 1975