Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:43:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@senate.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   ICMP Logging

Is there a way for the kernel to syslog(3) all ICMP messages? This would serve
two purposes; a) as I have all syslog messages directed to an unused vty I
could observer such DoS attacks in progress and b) if they are stored in the
log files I could use the logs in case the matter needed to be pursued further.

If this is not a part of the current kernel, it would (IMO) be a very good
addition to -current and -stable. If you *are* planning on adding it soon,
please let me know and I'll hold off my upgrade (I'm currently running 2.2.1-
RELEASE and wanted to upgrade to -stable).