Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:43:35 -0600
From:      Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apache13+static modperl+modssl?

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 02:09:33PM -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On Tuesday, October 12, 2004 10:26:19 AM -0600 Tillman Hodgson
> <tillman@seekingfire.com> wrote:
> >
> >How does one get Apache compiled with both a statically compiled modperl
> >(required for www/bricolage) as well as modssl?
> >
> >I see a www/apache13-modssl and a www/apache13-modperl, but spelunking
> >through the Makefiles for either doesn't reveal a knob that enables the
> >"other" option.
>
> Install apache13-modssl, then install www/mod-perl.

That's what I have now, and it results in a mod-perl /module/.
www/bricolage requires a mod-perl compiled into Apache (not a module).

I dug through the Makefile for www/mod_perl and didn't find knob to
statically compile it into Apache (I would have been surprised to find
it, actually).

Is there something you meant that I'm missing?

-T

--
Page xxvii: Unix is not like other computer systems. There is a feeling
of elegance and charm that hides behind every esoteric command and