Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2007 00:45:11 -0700
From:      "Don O'Neil" <lists@lizardhill.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Time changed back to old daylight savings

I'm not sure when this happened, but I noticed today that my server reverted
back to the old daylight savings time (1 hour off).... When I run ntpdate
and have it update it even then it shows the wrong time.

I haven't done anything to replace the /etc/localtime file, even tried
running tzsetup again, but that still didn't help.

My system is FreeBSD 6.1-stable, the only thing that has changed since I
last noticed the system had the _right_ time was I built a new kernel.

I tried installing the port 'zoneinfo', but it's broken, it can't find the
appropriate file to download and install (seems to be missing or updated).

At the moment I've addressed the issue with a "date -v +1H".

Any reason this would happen? How do I fix it?