Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 18:59:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, Kevin Lo <kevlo@hello.com.tw>, John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
Subject:   Re: FAQ team.

On 10-May-99 Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 12:39:09AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
>> On 08-May-99 Kevin Lo wrote:
>> > Hi, folks,
>> >
>> > Because the FAQ doesn't maintain for the long time. As Jordan suggests,
>> > he wants to have *multiple* maintainers, a "FAQ team".
>> >
>> > I am a first willing member. Would anyone want to join this team?
>>
>> I am a second. I need more work to do. :)  (Yeah right)  Are we going to
>> migrate it to DocBook first?  (Nik - has that been started yet?)
>
> Not yet.  I haven't looked seriously at DocBook 3.1 yet, which is what
> we'll do the FAQ in.  3.1 has a new qandaset element (and subelements)
> for marking up FAQs.

Do we want to change /usr/doc/share/sgml/freebsd.dtd to use 3.1 and get rid of
the FAQ* entries from it or would you rather move the FreeBSD specifics out
into another file that freebsd.dtd and freebsd-faq.dtd (or
freebsd-31.dtd or something) include?

> If anyone wants to experiment with this, here's a very quick sample of
> how it might be used.  Make sure you've got the docbook-310 port
> installed for this.  Notice how one question can have several answers
> attached to it.  This could be very useful for including multiple answers
> depending on the FreeBSD version in use; you could use the "os" attribute
> to differentiate between them.

Spiffy.  Would we be better off doing it by hand or by using the
linuxdoc-to-handbook script you referred to earlier?

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve!"  -  http://www.freebsd.org