Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:03:49 +0200
From:      Lasse Ulvund <lasse@ulvund.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIC and Video on Asus A7N266-VM under -STABLE

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:40:45 -0700
Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone on this list been able to get FreeBSD 4-STABLE to work
> with either the built-in ethernet or video on an Asus A7N266-VM
> mainboard?
>
> According to the booklet, the NIC is part of the 'nVidia nForce
> MCP-D' South Bridge chip; and the video is an 'nVidia GeForce2
> MX Integrated' in the North Bridge.

Hi

AFAIK the integrated NIC's on the Nforce boards don't work under FreeBSD. I tried several different ones 2 months ago, cause I needed a motherboard with onboard NIC under FreeBSD (for use in 1U case). In the end I ended up with a Epox motherboard with an integrated Via Rhine III NIC, which has worked fairly well for me.

for Video.. I don't know, never did need to run X on that machine :).

--
Regards,
Lasse