Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 2009 00:49:51 +0100
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, qemu-devel@nongnu.org
Subject:   FreeBSD qemu-devel git snapshot port update up for testing

Hi!

 I've made another qemu git snapshot port update,
	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20091120.patch
or, alternatively,
	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20091120.shar
and since our emulators/qemu-devel port still is older than the main port
(and thus has been on IGNORE) am thinking about actually committing this
version of the port if no major flaws are found.  Soo, testing very much
welcome! :)

 I'm not aware of something like a `condensed' changelog for qemu git
(is there one?  The Changelog file in git still stops at 0.10.2), but one
of the major changes was the removal of kqemu support after the 0.11
branch was created (which I still plan to update the main emulators/qemu
port to, probably after 0.11.1 has been released, so kqemu will still be
available there for a little while longer.)  Anyway, more emulated hw
support has been added, internals have been overhauled, and probably
a bunch of other interesting things happened that I forgot.  Oh and
the bsd-user targets (currently i386, amd64, and sparc64) are now good
enough to run at least FreeBSD /rescue/bin/echo on FreeBSD, and even
more (like /bin/sh or vim at least on x86) if you emulate the same arch
you are running on.  Whats now missing most I think is proper parameter
passing of more syscalls, if someone is interested to help there I think
at least some amount of code can be adapted from linux-user there...

 (And this time I have submitted at least some of the fixes I applied
seperately on the qemu list.)

 Enjoy,
	Juergen