Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 1999 00:57:04 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Importing OpenSSL

> Last time I raised this, a few people expressed concerns about their
> mirrors carrying patented code which might cause them legal issues,

NO.  There are not patent problems until you *USE* the code.
The issue is the export of encryption from the US.  That is the concern
with RSA and IDEA.  You will probably need to import RSA, IDEA, etc the
same way we do DES.  In a separate area, and then have
Internat.FreeBSD.org import it also.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)