Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 17:05:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru (Dmitrij Tejblum)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, joelh@gnu.org, fenner@parc.xerox.com, peter@netplex.com.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bogus errno twiddling by lstat...

> > Since the malloc.conf file is unnecessarily being looked for in the
> > printf case (since ld.so already caused it to be looked for, and didn't
> > find it), I think the redundant call to llok for it is certainly worth
> > removing.
>
> You have repeated this misinformation at least 10th times, I think.
> malloc.conf looked up only on first call to malloc(). ld.so probably
> call malloc() from the C library quite rare.

Do you remember the discussion about the __error hacks to ld.so?

Initially when I was attempting to use weak symbols as they are
documented to work (but they don't), I had a number of myseterious
lockups on startup.

The problem was recursion on the __errno initialization in the malloc
code in libc.

I can send you a ktrace, if you need one to believe it.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.