Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:05:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        bill@linuxcare.com, FBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Network trickles ...... cont'd

--0-659137895-971211918=:21707

At Wed, 11 Oct 2000 it looks like Greg Lehey composed:

GL-->Unlike Linux, each BSD Ethernet driver has its own name.  You don't
GL-->need to look for it; the drivers probe the hardware in turn, and each
GL-->finds its own.  In case of doubt, check dmesg, but in general ifconfig
GL-->-a will show you what the system found.

Thanks for the pointers, I have pulled the dmesg and ifconfig from
the current OpenBSD-2.7 with the same card that uses the 'tulip'
driver for linux. It actually seems to work faster on OpenBSD that
is does with Linux.

From following the threads here today I may have to reinstall the
drive and see how this "full vs half" duplex topic reflects on the
FreeBSD install I didn't copy the ifconfig from the 'trickle'
install.

I have some other cards I can try since you say they autodetect the
card every boot. I hope I understood that to be correct, that is
cool if it's true. :)

--
Bill Schoolcraft           http://wiliweld.com
PO Box 210076	        San Francisco, CA 94121

       " saevis tranquillus in undis "

--0-659137895-971211918=:21707
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--0-659137895-971211918=:21707--