Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 02:48:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        kwoody@citytel.net
Subject:   Apache DSO

How can one tell that DSO support is working in Apache?

According to PHP 4.x to install it needs mod_so.c. (yes thats why I'm
doing this...want PHP for a project I'm working on)

I have been running 1.3.19 of apche for about 5 months now or so and do a
httpd -l and dont see that mod in the list.

So I recompiled apache using: ./configure --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE

Still dont see mod_so.c when doing an httpd -l. Though now when apache
starts it shows:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd (libhttpd.ep)

Or should I compile with --enable-module=so instead? The INSTALL docs say
you can use either to enable DSO support.

thanks for any info,
Keith