Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 02:26:50 -0700
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Munish Chopra <mchopra@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP LaserJet 1000 or other laser printer

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 01:50:35 -0500  Munish Chopra wrote:
 +------------------
 | I'm in the process of looking for a laser printer, and I'm wondering
 | whether anyone has had any good or bad experiences with an HP LaserJet
 | 1000. I'm looking for a laser printer in the $300-400 range (CDN), any
 | suggestions for other models would be most welcome.
 |
 | Please cc me on any replies.

I'm using an end of service ricoh ap1400.  The big thing for me was
direct support of postscript without having to translate through
ghostscript to some kind of PCL.   The biggest problem that I've
had with low end printers in general is their apparent assumption
that you are bolting them to a Microsoft host.

--
    Chris Fedde