Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:57:10 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ypserv and sshd not getting along in -current

I can not login to a box with FreeBSD 5 -current via ssh because I get
the following error from ypserv:

Mar 28 12:48:15 node1 ypserv[317]: access to master.passwd.byuid denied -- client 192.168.1.1:49344 not privileged

Other than this, the NIS system seems to be working.  I tried using
the openssh port as well but get the same result so it is definitely a
problem with ypserv.  This box is an "upgrade" from FreeBSD 4 -stable
and I cloned the setup.  In fact I still have the original FreeBSD-4
setup on another box and it all works fine there.

Any ideas?  I wanted to move to 5.0 on my cluster to take advantage of
the improved SMP support but I absolutely need to be able to ssh into
this box.

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson
USDA, ARS, SRRC			 Phone: (504) 286-4252