Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:31:52 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for USB Wi-Fi adapters?

--vSsTm1kUtxIHoa7M

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:43:22AM -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> What is the state of support for USB Wi-Fi adapters in FreeBSD?
> Several clients have asked me if they can use these adapters on
> their BSD servers, but so far I can't find one that FreeBSD
> recognizes. I have one here that's based on the Atmel chipset;
> it says that it's made by Askey Computers and that its device
> ID is 0x123. There's a Prism-family Wi-Fi radio in there, so
> it may be that it's just a matter of glue to get the existing
> Prism driver to work with it. Any ideas?
>=20
Stuart Walsh was working on a driver for the USB atmel for some time.
However, I don't know what the current status on that one is.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--vSsTm1kUtxIHoa7M

--vSsTm1kUtxIHoa7M--