Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 03:33:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      parthasarathi biswas <parthax@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Server

Helloo!!
I created my dialin server with a file ppplogin in the
/usr/local/bin which contains
exec /usr/sbin/ppp -direct incoming
incoming is a label in the ppp.conf file.Now when I
enable pap in this label I have to validate myself
fromm the WIN98 clients using the initial usename and
password screen on the connect to diallog box as well
from the terminal window that comes after dialing.I
have to validate myself from both these places or else
it disconnects me if only done from one way.but if I
disable pap i can validate myself from anyone of the
options.

Why is this so what configuration should I do in my
freebsd box for this so that it takes either way of
validation.Pls advise
Brgds/Partha