Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 21:01:01 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        gamblin@linnstate.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Elxporer

gamblin@linnstate.edu wrote:

> I just installed Freebsd on my machine, I got xwindows to load, I just cant
> get an explorer to run. Did one come with it.

Try "xterm", and then use commands like "ls -l". ;-) I don't think
there is a graphical file manager with X11, though you may find
one in the ports collection, look in the "x11-fm" category (that's
in /cdrom/packages/x11-fm if you have the CDs, otherwise go to
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/x11-fm.html).

> I am a vey newbie in linux

FreeBSD != Linux.

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and