Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:29:05 -0800
From:      Joseph Garcia <gummibear@nettaxi.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Which Super 7 Board?

Hey all!!

Okay, I have been using Super 7 boards (an Asus P5A and a FIC 2013) which
have given me pretty good performance, although after installing a quirky
network card they haven't been the same since.

First I'll fill you in the problems I have been having.  It has to do with
PCI IRQ settings.  On the Asus board I have an ISA PnP modem, SoundBlaster
16, a PCI Intel NIC, and an AGP ATI 3D Charger video card.  I have run both
FreeBSD and Win98 on this machine.  With this equipment I gets shared IRQ's
with the NIC and video card.  If I try to add more PCI cards the card might
not work at all, or other weird stuff happens.  It's as though if there is
more than one PCI card installed the PCI bus slots stop working.

This seems to happen with the FIC board too.  I have tried to set the IRQ
manually in the BIOS but that didn't work either.

Anyways, I'm thinking I should just dump the boards and get new socket 7
boards since my chip and ram is good and stuff.  Maybe my PCI cards could
be salvaged too.

I'm to my wits end here.  It's one of those things that you'd have to see
for yourself to comprehend.  Any help would be appreciated.

Joey