Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 1996 19:36:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Audio/Video using apache/freebsd...

Hi...

	I have a client that is looking at being able to do
audio/video onto the Web (don't have full details as of yet, since
I've only just heard about it)...

	My first thought was thta the Meteor Video Capture board
under FreeBSD would do the trick, which I believe is the best thing
available out there currently(?).

	Now, I haven't done much in the multimedia department yet,
so please bear with the questions:

	1. Is there a web site that deals with the board? specs?
	2. Does the board do sound/video?  ie. if I plug it into a
	   VCR and press play on the VCR, will it pump uot both
	   video *and* sound?
	3. has anyone done any integration work that will allow it
	   to be viewed from Netscape?

	I'll start with those three basic questions first, and if
anyone has any pointers to web sites that I should go read dealing
with this, please feel free to send those to me...

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org