Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 16:28:17 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Simon N Atkin <simat@enta.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP Firewall.

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Simon N Atkin wrote:

> Anyone got any ideas on how to pass data from interface to
> interface with IPFW, do you have to add routing between interfaces
> or does IPFW take care of this,
>
> the internal interface will be on ip 192.168.1.1 (private network)
> so far I have IPFW configured as "simple", this firewall machine
> needs to be able to route data for an extire class C to an internet
> backbone.

If your setup includes an internal network with "unregistered" IP
addresses (in the 192.168 range), then IPFW alone will not work. You'll
have to either use only proxies for your internet applications, or use
natd with the IPFW divert feature. Look in the mail archives for pointers
to various info. sources on configuring such a setup.

> Cheers
>

> Simon Atkin (simat@enta.net) :)

Nadav