Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:26:19 +0100
From:      Oliver Leitner <Shadow333@gmx.at>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: making freebsd boot faster ...

Wow, thats a long time*GGGG*

nahh, lets think bout this seriously, shouldnt we;)

ok, if youre kinda into it, you could try to compile your bsd kernel with as
small amount of modules, as possible.

also, if youre deeper into it, you could try to rewrite the modules, all in
pure asm.

on top of that, how bout disabling all daemons that startup on boottime with
the box, and in case you have it running, disable your x, cause its just
taking up time and we dont really need a gui on bsd, do we?

ok, just had to be...

Greetings
Oliver Leitner
Technical Staff