Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:51:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: umc 90003af ethernet mystery card

Hello All

On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Doug White wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, John Utz wrote:
>
> > 	I just went to the used parts store and snagged two cards, and i
> > really hope i can use them...
> >
> > 	C/Ethernet 10Base2 Ver :B
>
> Try the NE2000 driver, ed0.  For these generic cards, it's a pretty good bet.

	I have recieved a few suggestions from comp.dcomp.lans.ethernet
that seemed to think these are ne2k clones as well...

	so far i have :

	added back in:

	pseudodevice ether

	and set ed0 to addresses of 0x280 and 0x300, and int 5. These
addresses and int are open, having deleted my soundblaster entry that
consumed int 5 from my kernel config file.

	did i forget anything? ed0 has been not found at 0x280 or 0x300.
Any other addresses i should try?

> > 				UMC
> > 				um9003af
> > 				9406-as
> > 				nb2779
>
> UMC, most likely NE2ks.

	OK, working hypothesis until proven otherwise!

tnx!

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life