Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 20:16:22 +0100
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        Mark Pearce <mark@netchat.co.za>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, fquest@ccstores.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iso download bootable?

--+nBD6E3TurpgldQp

  You might find the FreeBSD Diary article ``mounting an ISO image'' of
use: http://www.freebsddiary.org/iso-mount.php.  This was where I
learned about doing this - it's a basic procedure but unless you know
about vnconfig it is almost certainly confuzing.

-lewiz.

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 02:41:48PM +0200, Mark Pearce wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 21:29:32 -0700=20
> Someone helped Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> scratch the
> following:
>=20
> > On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 07:32:33PM -0700, FreeBSD questions wrote:
> > > I have downloaded the .iso's and am having a problem creating
> > > a bootable disk 1.
> > >=20
> > > Since the .iso's are on my hard drive, is there any way to convert
> > > them to whatever format I need to boot directly from the images
> > > without burning anything? (disk 2 thru 4 seem OK so I'm really
> > > just talking about the conversion of disk 1 if possible)
>=20
> I would suggest mounting the iso file with
> vnconfig and then sharing that directory with either nfs or ftp on
> another server, that way you don't need to burn any cd's.
>=20
> Mark
>=20
>=20

--=20
You have the body of a 19 year old.  Please return it before it gets
wrinkled.
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) (``the
intended recipient(s)'') to whom it is addressed.  It may contain
information which is privileged and confidential within the meaning of
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender as soon as possible.
--|| http://lewiz.info/ | http://www.westwood.karoo.net/pubring.gpg ||--

--+nBD6E3TurpgldQp

--+nBD6E3TurpgldQp--