Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:43:49 -0500
From:      Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.1 package add from disk 2

opbc wrote:
> Greetings to all,
> I’m proud to be upgrading from 4.2 – 6.1 this morning.
> After the initial install, from disk one, I want to add some stuff that I
> like AND make X work, KDE and all that .
>
> With sysinstall, it tells me to put in disk 2 for some of the packages.  It
> starts to read them, then displays a great deal of “failure” to add package
> error messages.
>
> Q:  is this a common occurrence?
> Is this what happens with 6.1?

It's possible that CD2 is corrupted and/or burned at an incompatible speed.
But if you have internet connectivity, just get them from the source:

# pkg_add -r x11-fonts/webfonts

will download and install them from the source, so you know you are getting
the latest and greatest.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD weblog:

UNIX is user-friendly. It's just a bit picky about who its friends are.