Date:      01 Dec 2002 15:45:01 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@chel.skbkontur.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gtk12 doesn't compile

--=-utkuDLdPXBhF9Tb38WJF

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 13:43, Ilia Chipitsine wrote:
> > > glib-1.2.10_7
> > > glib-1.2.10_8
> > > glib-1.2.8
> >
> > Looks like a problem with your glib12 install.  My recommendation is to
> > remove all three of these versions, then reinstall glib12 from ports.
>=20
> glib12 was reinstalled from ports collection today right after I did
> buildworld/installworld

You still might want to clean these up a bit.

>=20
> libglib12.so (which is mentioned not to have required symbols) is dated
> of December 1 2002

That doesn't make any sense.  If you built the port after an
installworld, then the symbols should be there.  Out of curiosity, what
version of FreeBSD did you upgrade from?

> buildworld/installworld were performed with:
>=20
> COMPAT3X =3D yes
>=20
> (that line was in /etc/make.conf)

What other lines do you have in your /etc/make.conf?

>=20
> >
> > One other thing to check is to make sure your kernel and world are in
> > sync.  That is a must when trying to build ports or install packages.
>=20
> yes, kernel was also rebuilt. It is just plain GENERIC kernel. nothing
> really special.

I was more interested to see that your _world_ was in sync with your
kernel.  All of your errors are userland errors.  __std*p are defined in
/usr/include/stdio.h, and nl_langinfo() is defined in
/usr/include/langinfo.h and the symbol is in libc (as of 4.6 I
believe).   Hmmm...that got me thinking.  Is your /usr/lib/libc.so
pointing to /usr/lib/libc.so.4?  It needs to be:

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root     wheel           9 Nov 29 18:40 /usr/lib/libc.so
-> libc.so.4

Joe

>=20
> >
> > Joe