Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 11:48:14 -0700
From:      Terry Lee <terryl@ienet.com>
To:        Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, jkh@time.cdrom.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -Stable, credit card donations to FreeBSD, Inc.

Dave Andersen wrote:
> 1) Credit cards for donations.
>
>    Someone mentioned a few (dozen) messages ago that they weren't aware
> of an easy way to donate to FreeBSD, Inc.  It's apparent in the web
> pages, but frankly, I would bet that human laziness is a large factor
> here.

I totally agree.  Another factor is just ignorance.  I didn't even know you
could contribute to FreeBSD.  I should think this should be one of the main
lines on the front of home page.

>    Would it be possible for W.C., Inc. to provide facilities for FreeBSD,
> Inc. to accept donations via credit card?  Frankly, I'll be the first in
> line to send in a $25 donation for one of the servers I have littering
> the floor here.  (Yes, that's a promise).  I think that something along
> these lines, if it's not too difficult for W.C. to do, would be a huge
> contribution to FreeBSD.

This would be great.  I think a lot of us are just too busy to think about
putting a check in the mail.  If it were as simple as filling out a web form
page, I think people would be much more inclined to do it.

Also, there was mention of non-profit status.  I think it would be time and
money well spent to make it so that contributions were tax deductible.  This
would prove to be a major incentive for corporations like us to contribute
funds, and more funds.
--
I N T E R N E T       Terry Lee, Technical Director
D E S I G N           611 W. 6th St., Ste. 3201, Los Angeles, CA 90017