Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 03:33:32 -0800
From:      Brent Kearney <brent@kearneys.ca>
To:        polarbear@asiamail.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting Qmail As Background Process

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 06:22:24AM -0800, polarbear@asiamail.com wrote:
> I have the following in my /etc/rc.local file,
>=20
> I will appreciate it very much if someone can enlighten me on how to modi=
fy the commands above so that they will stay as background executing proces=
ses.
>=20

Here's my qmail.sh, from /usr/local/etc/rc.d/.  If you have non-standard
services to run, you should start them via shell scripts in this directory.
You may have to modify this to suit your system...

-Brent

------
#!/bin/sh

# file: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/qmail.sh
#
# Starts qmail using tcpserver, instead of inetd
#=20
# -brent@kearneys.ca, May 4, 1999

# Start the qmail daemon:
if [ -x /usr/local/bin/tcpserver ]; then
   if [ -x /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd ]; then
      /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u 82 -g 81 0 \
      smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | /var/qmail/bin/splogger \
      smtpd 3 &=20

      echo "Starting qmaild..."
      echo
   else
      echo "qmail-smtpd not found."
      echo
fi
else
   echo "tcpserver not found."
   echo
fi

# Launch the defacto qmail script, for everything else
if [ -x /var/qmail/rc ]; then
   /bin/sh -cf '/var/qmail/rc &'
else
   echo "/var/qmail/rc not found or not executable"
   echo
fi

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr--