Date:      Sat, 09 May 2015 22:19:45 +0530
From:      Tinker <tinkr@openmailbox.org>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is the BHyVe guest as suitable for high-performance disk IO as the =?UTF-8?Q?host=3F?=

Hi!

For an environment with very heavy parallell IO, should the performance
be just as good in a BHyVe guest as in the FreeBSD host environment?

What I thought of is that I guess within the host environment, the
storage subsystem should have all kinds of optimizations like an
internal work queue that pushes lots of work alinearly/asynchronously to
the disk controller and this way allows it, in turn, to give all its
performance.

Does the virtualized disk interface carry over all that goodness to the
guest?

(https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve seems to say yes, presuming you
configure BHyVe to run the virtual disk in AHCI mode?)

Thanks!
Tinker