Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:26:33 -0700
From:      "PetBuilder" <petbuilder@mediaone.net>
To:        <fcash@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading Packages.

Sorry, With regards to bind, I meant replace. I assumed that upgrading meant
replacing the old program with the new, thereby "upgrading" the old with the
new.
I used this forum because I wanted to know how to upgrade "ports or
packages" and was using bind as an example. I installed portupgrade and read
the man pages but I could not figure it out to make it work.
I'm am in the directory of
ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.4-stable/All which
contains the "bind-9.1.3.tgz" file. What would be the actual command line I
would put in the replace the old version of bind with the new?

Thanks You,

Craig Rose
Web-Zonic, Inc.

distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply