Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 13:43:36 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@gruft.de>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange problem: fxtv and sound

hi,

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 11:26:52AM +0100, Roger Hardiman wrote:
> > Everytime I change the channel (using mouse or keyboard) or just move the
> > mouse over the edge of the fxtv window the sound gets a few percent
> > louder. The slider in the window moves, fxtv shows the new volume setting
> > with it's OSD.
>
> Does it keep getting louder and louder until it gets to maximum volume?

When it reaches 100% it won't get louder, but it still shows the Volume
OSD once I cross the edge of the window or I change the channel. The
Volume gets louder first in steps of about 3 percent, these get larger
then (can't test it at the moment). The volume slider is at it's end at
about 80% though. I can use it without problems to lower the volume.

> Or does it get a bit louder and they stay there?

It get's louder everytime I cross the edge of the window or change the
channel. It's doing one step of 3 to 5 percent for every one of these
events. When I leave the window alone (watching a channel oder doing
something else with the computer) the volume doesn't change...

So it's not a big problem, it just keeps me from zapping ;)

Thanx for the answer,

			Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | http://www.obh.snafu.de/~ob/ |