Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:37:15 -0600
From:      "Mike Stammer" <mikestammer_@hotmail.com>
To:        kevlo@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: kde-2.0.1

Hello,
My name is Eric Zimmerman. I run FreeBSD 4.2 STABLE (I cvsup'ed the source
about 2 weeks ago) and was attempting to install KDE2.1 via the ports
collection. I dont know if my machine is whacked out or if the source is
busted. Here is my story...
Everything ran fine for several hours, but when I came home from work today,
I had several make errors in a cc file. When I looked at the error messages,
it was complaining about the abs function on line 102 of kpobject.cc, so I
did a man abs and it said that function is in stdlib.h, but this was not
included in the source file. I added the reference, and it compiled further.
  Now it is stopped on kppixmapobject.cc, line 371 and is complaining about
getenv. I looked at this file and there was one include line like this:
#include <iostream> I assume the .h should be there? Also, I did a man
getenv and its also in stdlib.h. I added the #include and it compiled away
(several warnings about some int's tho, such as int day, int hour, etc.
might not be initialized). Now kpbackground.cc is bombing about genenv as
well.  Again I add the include to stdlib.h and its working. Next mistake is
in kspread_canvas.cc. Its asking about abs. Next is kspread_cluster.cc,
asking for malloc and free, both in stdlib.h. There was a bunch of TODO
warnings in kword_view.cc, but it seemed to compile OK. Next is a missing
include to stdlib.h in kword_page.cc. So far all the files seem to be in the
koffice package. Next is kword_frame.cc. This file also had an #include
<fstream> (missing .h?). I added #include <stdlib.h>.

Seems like its OK now. Its into kdenetwork and compiling clean it looks
like. Hope this info helps and if you need more info from me, please let me
know.

Eric Zimmerman