Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 1995 09:41:06 +0800 (HKT)
From:      John Beukema <jbeukema@HK.Super.NET>
To:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: 950622-SNAP installation woes

On Mon, 3 Jul 1995, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> I'm trying now already for four ours to get a kernel on that damn box
> but with these hyperintelligent scripts - your work in all honors, Jordan -
> it's nearly impossible to do an enforced installation if something
> strange occurs. It's not even possible to shell out at this point
> and do the ftp or mount manually.
>

> --Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de
> FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de 2.0-BUILT-19950701 FreeBSD 2.0-BUILT-

I have had a similar problem with an ftp installation.  It keeps failing
between 50% and 90% complete.  Timeouts by my ISP, I believe.  I wonder if
it might be a good idea to save a minimum system, ftp the bindist files
with the possibility or restarting where it left off and then do an
extraction?  As it is I will have to do a dos installation.
jbeukema